Monday, January 22, 2007

Eat. At. Home.

monday quinoa and curry

I've resolved to make all my meals at home this week, starting today. More accurately, I won't be eating any take-out or restaurant meals this week. I have to admit, it was rough to start out with. I ended up having a clif bar for lunch and then a protein shake later in the day between classes.

For dinner, however, I made a nourishing vegan meal of quinoa and curry. In the curry there are beans, kale, carrots, and assorted mushrooms. The assorted mushrooms actually come frozen from some organic frozen veggie brand. I forget which. Anyway, they weren't great. Kale and carrots were fresh, and hence tasty. Beans were from a can and acceptable, though some of their skins were a bit tough.

I'm now a huge quinoa fan, by the way. I love the little cooked pearls, and the crunchy popping texture.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds amazing....
I want to try cooking quinoa too!

8:45 PM  
Blogger Evan said...

pourquoi the at home eating?

2:58 PM  
Blogger manoverbored said...

urse: Thanks! A lot of playing with levels and brightness was involved.

faceless: It's super easy! And the grain contributes so much of its own flavor to the finished product you really don't need anything other than salt and pepper (although bay leaf and thyme are nice too).

ervan: just an experiment. I felt that I was eating out too much, in part because people around me were too. By eating at home, I usually end up cooking for those around me as well, which is usually nice.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home