Friday, July 21, 2006

Yesterday, my boss returned from lunch exclaiming the delights of THE PERFECT TACO. Apparently, she had never been exposed to the tacorifficness of El Grullense. It made think about how regionally situated food is even in this age of transnational shipping and agri-business.

I think that as we move up north to Seattle, I will have yet another void in me (right next to the BBQ emptiness since leaving Texas) caused by taco longing. Perhaps I will be proven wrong, but my hunch is no.

On the taco subject, the New York Times has an audio feature about the "Taco Trail" in California. Why was I not informed about this magical trail before?!

(Editor's note: It is a travesty of technology that Blogger's spell check does not recognize "BBQ" as a word.)

1 Comments:

Blogger manoverbored said...

ROAD TRIP!

Actually I'm sad that I haven't been on a foodie road trip yet, especially in a country with local cuisines as varied and abundant as the U.S.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home